Together Ed and I changed the spark plugs on the bike. We had to set the foot-pounds with the torque wrench we have in our tools but the torque wrench that we have doesn't show that small amount of torque you need to tighten up the plugs. It is an incredibly light amount of torque you use to tighten up these plugs so Ed used his own idea of torque on them. Hope it works. We got a new back tire put on and Bob Gerberich,
formerly known as Wadsworth Transmission and probably now known as
B & L Racing Company, checked the bike out real well and assured us we won't break down in the desert. Ed told Motorcycle Bob that if we breakdown - especially in the desert, he would have to deal with me. He laughed but when he saw the look on my face, he just cleared his throat and told us we would be fine. I told you before, the older I get the more I fear the hotter weather. I don't know why but I just can't take heat like I used to. 92 degrees is the limit on the bike with the sun out - anything after that Ed should fear for his life.
We have to change the oil and wash the bike tonight. Our little trailer, Babalou,

will be in the garage as well so we can start putting that together, too.
Ed will pick up the triptix from AAA today and it seems like everything is falling in to place. I'm getting my act together trying to make sure I have everything I need. It never fails, even though I have a list and check off everything I need to take with us, there is always something I forget to take. My mind is on the heat so I am packing like I'm going to the Middle East. Ugh, do I need to wear a burka? Watch now we will have a cool wave and I won't be warm enough. Hmmm that sounds ok right about now...